Awesome Places we Visited in Vienna, Austria
Wien (Vienna), Austria
From Milano Centrale to Wien Hauptbahnhof station via Trenitalia was the most exciting train ride we ever experienced. We left Milan at 8 PM, Arrived at Wein Hauptbahnhof at around 9AM. We traveled on a winter with a temperature that ranged from 6 to 9 degrees.
This is the best part of travelling via train going to Vienna. The views along the way are spectacular. Snow capped mountains and alps, white crystal roads, a few green fields, and beautiful houses made our trip unforgettably awesome.
The Wein Hauptbahnhof Train Station is Vienna’s Swish Central hub Station. It features a wide array of shops and restaurants
Wien Hbf main station
Places we visited in Vienna
- Schonbrunn Palace-one of the most iconic building in Austria. It a UNESCO World Heritage site and Austria’s most visited place drawing millions of visitors each year. It is an imperial summer residence during the reign of Maria Theresia.Take a look of what’s inside the Schonbrunn Palace at Google Arts and Culture
Click the video to see the entire view of the palace grounds.
We had a wonderful time walking around the Schonbrunn Palace grounds. We also had a good talk with our host friend, Cirilo and Beth.
No entrance fee required here. You can roam around, feel the warmth of the sun and be mesmerized by looking at the grandiose palace.
3. St. Stephen Cathedral.
The Cathedral is one of the most important architectural, cultural and historical monuments in Austria.
A stunning sight especially at night when the lights are on. The Cathedral and shopping centers nearby are all sparkling making it a perfect tourist destination.
4. Peterskirche is a baroque Roman Catholic church located along the busy pedestrian area of Vienna, Austria. Upscale shops and cafes surrounded the place.
5. Austria Center Vienna is the largest congress center in Vienna.
6. Prater Amusement Park.
This is the iconic Prater’s Ferris Wheel. This giant Ferris wheel is one of the country’s symbols.
Iconic Praters ferris wheel
The highlight of the Prater is the world-famous museum Madame Tussauds. Over 80 wax figures and an interactive experience based on Sisi.
Wax figure of the international actor Arnold Schwarzenegger
7. Vienna City Hall (Wiener Rathaus) is the seat of local government of Vienna.
8. The Austrian Supreme Court (Justizpalast). A huge government building where strict security is being enforced. No entrance fee here.
Exterior of the Supreme Court of Justice
At the center hall inside the building is the Lady Justice sitting on her chair holding a sword and a book.
At the rooftop of the Supreme Court of Justice is an amazing view of the City of Vienna
9. Karlskirche is the most beautiful baroque style building in Vienna.
10. Maria Theresian Platz is a large square that was laid out in the 19th century. The monument at the center is dedicated to Empress Maria Theresia.
11. Karlsplatz is the largest square in Vienna.
The Hofburg Palace
12. Votiv Church is one of the magnificent and beautiful churches in Austria.
Inside the beautiful Votive Church
Overall, our visit to Vienna is unforgettably awesome! The architectural designs of each historical buildings reflect how rich the country is.
What we love about Vienna:
- The public transportation system- train arrives and leaves at an exact time.
- The whole city is very clean- no single litter seen in the streets
- Tourist attractions are near to each other. A short ride or a long walk can be done
We are grateful to our host friend, Acob family for this wonderful journey.
Thanks for reading!
God bless always! ❤️