Thailand is one of the countries on my list to visit after the pandemic. But, since traveling is not advisable nowadays, Netflix’s Thai Dramas and Thai cuisines are somewhat satisfied with the wanderlust in me without flying to Thailand.
Lime and Basil Thai Restaurant
The restaurant is situated in the simple yet charming space of Alfonso Cavite. It is a typical country house converted into a restaurant with lush greens. The patio provides perfect alfresco dining also gives a romantic ambiance at night. The restaurant’s farm-to-table concept made Tagaytay tourists draw here.
The Interior of the restaurant also has a very homey atmosphere.
Fresh Spring Rolls– P 285 This great appetizer is a healthy choice for me. It consists of rolled herbs, carrots, cabbage, tofu, and noodles rolled in a thin rice wrapper, then topped with sweet chili relish. The veggie-packed spring rolls have a variety of textures. The soft and slightly chewy rice wrapper, crisp vegetables and tofu, soft noodles, topped with the semi-sweet and sour sauce, are what made this dish unforgettable.
Yam Som O (Thai Pomelo Salad) P 380 Consists of Pomelo chunks, Shrimps, Chicken, lettuce, edible petals, Thai Herbs, and Thai Dressing. This refreshing salad is very rich in vitamins C. The juicy pomelo, the crisp romaine lettuce, and the Thai herbs and dressing with a spicy kick made the salad taste perfect
Pad Thai with Chicken and Shrimp P 390– This delicious dish was recommended by the wait staff and I was not disappointed. A stir-fried noodles with a unique flavor. The moment I dig into it, flavors burst out in my mouth. I can’t precisely explain how it tastes. It has sweet, salty, sour, and spicy tastes that will make you savor even more. This dish gave a lasting impression.
Bagoong Rice P 380– This flavorful rice was surrounded by crispy pork cutlets, shredded green mango, chili, scrambled egg, fresh onions, green vegetables, and some roasted red chili. A colorful and complete dish with a mixture of salty and sour tastes.
Salted Egg Fried Chicken P 380 This Crispy fried chicken was generously glazed with salted egg yolk. For additional crunch aroma, Thai chilis and some fried basil leaves are added to it. I loved the crunch of the chicken and the saltiness of the egg yolk in it .
Tamarind Fruit Shake P 120 I love eating tamarind fruit especially the ripe one. That’s why when I saw the tamarind juice drink, I ordered one for me and I was not disappointed. The sweet-tangy taste is perfect and it is so refreshing.
- Food: The restaurant serves generous portion sizes that are good for sharing. The flavors complimented each other, creating a variety of tastes. Food is presented in a very appetizing style.
- Menu: Unlimited options of mouth-watering Thai-inspired food.
- Place: Clean, tidy, warm, and cozy space. Pleasant garden with blooms all over the place. With lovely interiors and fixtures. Spacious, social distancing is not a problem.
- Staff: Friendly, neat, attentive, and courteous. Well-trained staff.
- Service: Quick service with minimal waiting.
- Price: Reasonably priced; value for money.
A service charge of 10% will be added to your bill. They honor PWD and Senior Citizen Discount.
Tips before going to the place:
- The restaurant is crowded, especially during the weekends and holidays. And, since they are not yet operating at full capacity because of the pandemic, it is better to make a reservation ahead of time.
- If you are not a fan of spicy food, you may opt to reduce the level of spiciness by telling the wait staff before ordering.
- Consider eating outdoors either on the veranda or in the beautiful garden, especially during this time of pandemic where a safe distance is required.
- The place has a limited parking area. However, there are available parking spaces outside so, it is still manageable.
That’s all for today. Thank you for dropping by.