Our weekend getaway to Tagaytay is not complete without visiting Our Lady of Lourdes Parish Church. In fact, it is our main reason why we go to Tagaytay. I love attending healing masses here because it gives me comfort and assurance. I hope you’ll find reasons too.
Our Lady of Lourdes Parish Tagaytay
- Under the Jurisdiction of the Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Imus
- It is under the care of the Franciscan Capuchin order.
- It is a place of healing and pilgrimage.
- A favorite wedding venue due to its wide marbled aisle, high ceiling, and spacious interiors.
The frontage of the church is very simple, with the Blessed Virgin Mary’s image on top. It is surrounded by trees and plants that give fresh cool air. The fountain adds to the beauty of the place, which made it appear like a large garden.
There is a Candle Chapel within the area wherein visitors are encouraged to light a colored candle for their specific prayer intention. Candles can be bought inside the chapel for P5.00 each on an honesty basis. The proceeds will help the needs of the poor students.
Color coded candles:
Red – for special occasions like birthdays and anniversaries; for the promotion and defense of human life
Pink – for good health, expression of joy and thanksgiving, and intentions already granted by the Lord
Green – for hope and enlightenment, studies and success
Blue – for harmonious relationships, peace, and financial stability; for the sanctification of families
Yellow – for safe trips; for the eternal repose of the souls.
Lavender – for physical and spiritual healing; for the eternal rest of the souls of our deceased loved ones
White – for general petitions
Beside the chapel is a replica of the Lourdes grotto. The structure resembles a natural cave like the one in Lourdes, France, wherein the Blessed Virgin Mary made several apparitions to a fourteen-year-old girl, Bernadette Soubirous. Going up to visit the Blessed Virgin is no longer permitted during this time of the pandemic.
There’s a feeling of serenity inside the church that is perfect for meditation and reflection.
Advantages of visiting Our Lady of Lourdes Tagaytay:
- Easy access for tourists and churchgoers. (located along the highway, beside Ayala Mall Serin)
- Ample parking space.
- Spacious interior. (The balcony provides additional space)
- Clear audio.
- Well lighted and airy. (Electric fans are sufficiently provided, plus the windows are kept open)
- Very organize.
- Very close to the tourist attractions. ( located at the heart of Tagaytay City)
Contact Number: (046) 413 0758
Facebook Page: Lourdes Grotto – Our Lady of Lourdes Parish
Address: Tagaytay – Nasugbu Hwy, Silang Junction North, Tagaytay, Cavite
Keep safe everyone!