Going home from Batangas, we dropped by at this newly opened restaurant along Aguinaldo Highway to have an early dinner since it was already past five in the afternoon. There are many cars in the parking lot, so I guess there is something good inside. The moment I stepped in, I felt the cool and fresh air coming freely and, it was very inviting. I was delighted with the warm greetings of the staff.
Salakot al fresco dining. EVENTS. CAFE
Salakot Restaurant is a Filipino-themed restaurant that serves local and international cuisine in an outdoor setup. It features an open-style nipa hut in different sizes and designs for a unique and private dining experience. The restaurant also caters to big groups for special occasions like weddings and birthdays.
What to expect inside the restaurant:
The whole area is in a lush green environment making it cool inside. The restaurant uses Salakot, a traditional Filipino headgear for protection against sun and rain, as the restaurants’ accents.
The restaurant’s nipa hut gives each customer a private space to enable them to enjoy their meal. Each nipa hut has its own ceiling fan, an electrical socket that you can use in case your gadget runs out of battery. It also has a small bell if you want to call the attention of the server.
This A-frame nipa hut is ideal for couples who are on a romantic date. It allows diners to feel relaxed while having a meal on a low table and a floor cushion. It has net coverings for protection against insects. The lighting made the space warm and cozy.
This modern-day nipa hut has two floors also, perfect for small groups and couples. It looks like you are in a treehouse enjoying the view while eating.
The small and big pavilions are for large groups or event celebrations.
FOOD WE TRIED:
- Salakot House Salad P 275 (good for sharing)- it is a simple green salad topped with generous amount of bite sized crispy pork liempo. leafy greens are crisp and refreshing.
- Camote fries P 105 – deep fried sweet potato served with creamy dip. I like the semi sweet taste of the camote. The dipping sauce is not too sweet, it goes well with the fries.
- Pand Grilled Tanigue P 140 – fresh pan grilled tanigue fish served with java rice and red eggs and tomato on the side.
- Pomeberry Slush P 110- Ice cold berry flavored drink. I find it too sweet yet refreshing.
Tips before going to Salakot Restaurant and Cafe:
- Credit card payment is not yet available as of our visit, last July 3, 2021. Ask the restaurant first if you plan to use your card.
- The restaurant gets busy during lunchtime. It is best to visit the place before and after lunch to avoid the crowd.
- Only walk-in cottage reservation is allowed.
- During busy hours, expect that the cute nipa huts are fully occupied and that there are still customers on the waiting list.
- When it gets dark and the lights are on, the place is even more romantic.
- Location– Strategically located along Aguinaldo highway. Very accessible.
- Ambiance– Relaxed and homey place to dine.
- Food– On the average, unlimited options
- Price– Reasonably priced.
- Staff-Everyone is friendly, courteous, attentive, clean and tudy.
- Service– quick to take care of customers’ needs.
- Place– Big space. Pleasant and very instagramable. The restaurant follows strict health protocol for COVID 19. Small parking area but still manageable.
Located at KM 47 Lalaan 1st Silang, Cavite Open daily from 10:00 am to 9:30
You may want to explore other places in Silang, Cavite
Let us enjoy safe travel and eating.